preparing for your upcoming mini session
Congratulations on securing a spot for this years Lavender Field Mini Sessions! It's going to be a great weekend.
I've outlined some guidelines for you, on how to prepare, what to wear, how early to arrive, and what to expect afterwards. I highly recommend reading through this entire page and if you have any questions at all, let me know!
ARRIVE EARLY - THIS IS CRUCIAL.
I cannot stress this enough. I've reserved the farm for 3 hours only, so I had to book as many clients as I can back-to-back. I'm asking that you arrive at least 20 minutes early before your scheduled session time. This allows you time to park, provide the remainder of payment, and get ready to start shooting on time. I will have someone greet you at the farm entrance, and walk you over to where we will be shooting. There should be signs posted for you when you arrive. If you are late for your session, there will not be an opportunity to make up the missed time. As I have to start the next client on time, we will only be able to shoot for as much time as you have left. So, again, PLEASE come early :)
You have all paid the $25.00 reservation deposit, so the remaining balance ($175.00) will be due when you arrive to the session. There will be someone taking deposits at the door, and I'll let you know who to look out for closer to the date. Cash is easiest, but if you wish to e-transfer, please do so in advance, and let me know to expect it. E-transfers can be paid to firstname.lastname@example.org
After our session, I'll be sending out a sneak peek to each client within 48 hours, via email. This will be one image, sized in low resolution for social media only, that you can share right away. It should take about 2-4 weeks for the final gallery of images to be delivered, as I edit the rest. When the final gallery is completed, you'll receive a link to the online gallery in your email. This is where you can view and download your images from :) You'll have the option to download 10 images, which are included in your session fee. If you decide you love them all, fantastic! You have the option to purchase any additional images too. Any extra images will be subject to an additional fee, and can be added to your cart and purchased online. You can also purchase prints and products while you're there, too!
what to wear to your photo shoot
Neutrals.... are... KEY! As we will be shooting out in a field of flowers, so ladies, I recommend a dress! (Of course, if you're not into dresses, no worries) but I think a dress blowing in the wind would be beautiful.
If you're coming with children, try not to wear MATCHING outfits, but stick to the same colour palette. For example, if I had children, I'd probably wear a long dress that blows in the wind, and maybe khaki pants for the boys, a similar dress for girls, and husband could be wearing something brown. Just being aware of a colour theme, and trying to alternate different patterns and styles for each.
Couples - have your man come in something to compliment your outfit. I'd say a nice v-neck with khakis, or even a casual blazer could work.
For hair, I would recommend having it down if you can. Something to blow in the wind. When I think of lavender fields, for some reason, I picture hair and dresses blowing in the wind. OH, also, a little flower crown would be a suuuuuuuper cute touch. If you have a daughter, matching ones would be adorable.
Basically, a good starting point would be to search on pinterest "boho photo shoot outfits", as I find that style of clothing compliments my editing style quite well.
BUT - MOST IMPORTANTLY, WEAR WHAT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE IN.
The photos will turn out much better if you show up in something YOU feel comfortable, confident and beautiful in. So take my advice with a grain of salt, and wear whatever YOU are comfortable in.
Here's some photos I've pulled off pinterest as an example of what I would recommend for this style of shoot. Click to enlarge. (Note: These are not my photos)
Mikel's Lavender Oasis
5127 Harrison Rd
Binbrook, ON L0R 1C0
June 23rd & 24th
If you forgot your time slot, send me an email.
Arrive 20 minutes early to allow for payment/check-in.
That's pretty much it! If you're unable to attend your session, please let me know in advance. If it rains on the day of your session, I will attempt to secure a back up date. The farm is only booking limited time slots this year and I cannot guarantee a back up date depending on mine and theirs schedule. If an alternate date cannot be arranged, you will be refunded your $25.00. We will tackle that hurdle if it comes, and I'll be in touch.
Enjoy the experience, you're going to have a blast!! I can't wait to work with you! See you soon :)
- A "sneak peek" will be sent to each of you within a few days of the shoot, and the final gallery will be delivered within 4-6 weeks.
- Each client will receive 10 images included with the package, and you will be able to choose your 10. You can purchase additional images at a cost-per-photo rate.
- Extensive retouching is not included in a mini session. Your photos will be fully edited to KMP standards (tones, colours etc.) but any blemish removal/slimming/face swapping will be subject to an additional fee.
- The photos are copyrighted to Katie Marie Photography, which means you do not have the right to alter the images in any way (no Instagram filters, no re-editing etc.). However, you do have full rights to print the photos as you please.
- You will be asked to sign a model release and client agreement at the start of the session. This means you are allowing Katie Marie Photography to use your images for marketing purposes if needed, and you understand the photos may be used on social media posts.
- The limit is ONE immediate family per session, all others will not be photographed.
- If you arrive late to your session, missed time will not be made up.
- If you cannot attend your session, you forfeit the deposit.
- The remaining balance will be due before the start of your shoot. Cash is preferred, but e-transfer will be accepted.
- Your images will be delivered in an online gallery and you will be notified when the gallery is complete
- Katie Marie Photography will not be held liable for any bug or insect bites that happen during the shoot. By attending, you are agreeing and understanding that the photo shoot is taking place outdoors, in an open field. Please prepare accordingly and bring bug spray if needed.
- The farm is family owned and run, and home to many. Please be respectful of the property and if you have little ones to keep an eye out for them. There are ponds on the property, please keep young children away from the ponds.